Self-sufficiency is a type of personal or collective autonomy. The term is usually applied to varieties of sustainable living in which nothing is consumed outside of what is produced by the self-sufficient individuals or company. In the extreme, it is the state of not requiring any aid, support, or interaction, for survival. At household and municipality scale, self-sufficiency involves home management with own or local resources, groceries, and energy. It is about, but not limited to, how to use sustainable energy in an optimal way, to clean and recycle water and waste, to build ecologically, and about social processes that strengthen the community. At farm scale, it involves sustainable agriculture and permaculture. Industrial self-sufficiency mostly include a waste and water management program, as well as renewable energy production and reuse.
Whether at company, household, farm, or community scale, SeLow pursuits self-sufficiency using a pragmatic approach that meets individual needs. Communication and education are key components of our approach.
What we offer:
– Free preliminary visit and study on site
– Guidelines towards EcoBuilding and home gardening
– Optimization of energy, waste, and water management
– Contact with and selection of appropriate technology providers (if required)
– Follow-up of engineering and construction (if required)
– Economic and ecological analyses, including energy surveys etc.
– Personal coaching in home food production and other bio-products
Contact us for more information.
Self-sufficiency can be simple: making your own natural bread