Medium (2020) and long-term (2050) strategic environmental policy objectives are being or have been set across the world in order to support the growth of a more innovative, resource-efficient economy, based on the sustainable production of bio-based products (bio-energy and bio-materials) from renewable biomass sources. In the framework of these objectives, the anaerobic (co-)digestion of sewage sludge, organic biological waste (crop residues and other food waste), and animal manure has been evaluated as one of the most energy-efficient and environmentally friendly technologies for bio-energy production, organic biodegradable waste valorization, and potential recovery of valuable nutrient resources, which are concentrated in the remaining (mineralized) digestate. Despite its great potential, further sustainable development of this technology is currently hindered, because these digestates can often not or only sparingly be returned to agricultural land in their crude form. Further processing into transportable/exportable end products, concentrated mineral fertilizers, and/or environmentally neutral components is required to overcome practical and potential environmental problems, as well as legislative bottlenecks related to the direct application of digestate.
SeLow targets an integrated solution approach to optimize both biogas and digestate valorization.
What we offer:
– Free preliminary visit and study on site (farm, municipality, household, company)
– Estimation of the biogas production potential
– Estimation of the nutrient recovery potential
– Modelling and mass balance analyses of biogas production and nutrient flows (if required)
– Selection of and contact with appropriate technology providers
– Follow-up of engineering and construction
– Economic and ecological analyses
Contact us for more information.
Industrial biogas plant in the construction phase: